Certificate of Inspection (COI) Due (For non DECA holders)
14 December 2016 – 15 December 2016 all-day
Biosecurity (National American Foulbrood Pest Management Strategy) Order 1998
32. Certificate of Inspection
- Every beekeeper must ensure that every honey bee colony in every beehive owned by that beekeeper is inspected for American foulbrood cases by an authorised person on or after 1 August and on or before 30 November each year commencing in 1999.
- The inspection specified in subclause (1) may, if the beekeeper agrees, be carried out by a person named as a person responsible for disease management in a Disease Elimination Conformity Agreement between any other beekeeper and the management agency.
- Within 14 days after the inspection is completed or before 15 December of each year, whichever is the earlier, every beekeeper must complete a Certificate of Inspection in a form provided by or obtained from the management agency and forward to the management agency the Certificate of Inspection together with the statement made in accordance with clause 33.
- The obligations in subclauses (1) and (3) do not apply to a beekeeper who holds a Certificate of Inspection Exemption from the management agency.
- A breach of this rule, without reasonable excuse, is an offence under section 154 (q) of the Act.
Disclaimer: This information is provided as-is without warranty of any kind.